Treatment and counseling
JPA's treatment and counseling services strengthen connections among children, teachers and their parents so that together they can care for each other and contribute to society.
Full list of schools & services
- Best Practice Consulting, Evaluation, Permanency Planning & Research
- Consultation for teachers and administrators
- Parent Workshops
- Individual and small group psychotherapy
- Classroom group psychoeducational activities
- 9th Gear: a mentoring program to support 8th graders’ transition into high school.
- Connect: an integrated, systematic set of professional development workshops and ongoing consultation meetings for educators
- Connect 2 Kindergarten: a multi-faceted program (for teachers, parents and children) designed to facilitate successful transitions to Kindergarten
- School Partners 2016-2017
"Connect" with JPA
Learn more about JPA's program, Connect and how the non-profit organization, Distinctive Schools benefits from their partnership with us.
JPA works closely with local agency and community partners. To see a list of local partners and our work with them, please click below.
For educators and school partners
Even the most
successful schools may struggle to meet the emotional needs of some
children. For this group of children,
their emotional needs preclude them from emotional wellness and severely hamper
their potential to relate to others and learn in school. In preparing children
for success, it is becoming increasingly clear that addressing social-emotional
needs has an important place in every classroom and in every school.
Learn more about 9th Gear below!
For child welfare agencies and partners
JPA invests in sharing best practices , in conducting research and in providing training to child welfare agencies and partners to improve the outcomes for vulnerable and traumatized children and families.